What is IPEXC – IPEXCHANGE?
We are an online exchange for trading intellectual property.
Our vision is to encourage innovation and global transfer of technological knowledge by making IP monetization available and accessible to all IP holders, including individual inventors and SME’s.
- To be the first choice of IP exchange platform worldwide for inventors, SMEs, scientific institutions and IP holders in general to monetize their IP
- To encourage and reward innovation by making IP monetization accessible and attractive to all IP holders and interested parties
- To drive global knowledge transfer and sharing for all types of technology, including green technologies, through a neutral, innovative and interactive platform
How we started
As IP experts with many years in the field, we were very much aware of the challenges of current patent law and practice, from the stifling of innovation to the difficulties facing independent inventors and SMEs seeking to monetize their IP.
With the current global challenges facing all of us, at no other time have innovation and global knowledge transfer been more important. We saw a need for a neutral platform to even the playing field of IP monetization for all sizes of IP holder, to encourage and reward creativity and promote global technology and knowledge exchange, especially to developing countries and emerging economies, for all kinds of IP.
With these points in mind, we developed ‘IPEXCHANGE – IPEXC.COM’ an interactive online platform for matchmaking between IP holders and IP buyers, licensees and commercializers. The platform was conceived and designed in 2011 and in April 2012, we celebrated our soft launch. We are now in public Beta version.
What we do
For IP holders, our proprietary business model (patent pending) removes prohibitive upfront costs for commercialization and we increase leverage for individual inventors and SMEs by creating patent bundles through our Crowdlicensing™ feature. IP holders retain full control over the sales and licensing process, including to whom they will license or sell. We actively market the IP listed on our platform using the latest social media and other channels.
For commercializers, we offer access to unique and unsifted patent portfolios and options for exclusive monetization agent activity.
Whether you are an inventor, SME, corporation or broker/commercialization agent, we are confident that we can offer you a proactive, unique and premium service that is unavailable on any other platform.
Dr. Hidero Niioka
- Founder and CEO
- Former TMT Investment Banker at Deutsche Bank
- German and NY Attorney-at-Law
- Ph.D. in IP law (Max Planck Institute)
- Stanford Law Graduate, MBA (Prospect)
Dr. Ulrich Reber
- Chief Legal & Compliance Officer
- German Attorney-at-Law
- Ph.D. in IP & IT law (Max Planck Institute)
- University of Munich Graduate
Dr. Bertram Huber
- Chairman of Board of Advisors
- Principal of IP*SEVA - Intellectual Property for Sustainable Energy Ventures
- Former SVP of Robert Bosch GmbH and Global head of Bosch Group's global IP and licensing activities
- German Attorney-at-Law
- Founder and CEO of Kekanto.com
- Business Strategy Consultant at BCG & McKinsey
- Investment Analyst at JPMorgan
- Stanford MBA